This is the website of JW3, which is owned and managed by JW3 Trading Limited, registered No. 7686352 (England and Wales).
Our Registered office is at: 341-351 Finchley Road, London NW3 6ET.
By using this website the visitor (that’s you) to the website agrees to be bound by our "Terms and Conditions" and if you purchase any services or products using the website you agree to be bound by our "Conditions of Sale" and any specific conditions we set out.
At JW3 we are committed to the highest standard and quality of information and every attempt has been made to present up-to-date, accurate information, believe us.
However, although much blood, sweat and a small number of tears have been shed in the name of making this website and ensuring it's accurate, we're also human. Which means that there may be some errors. If there are any errors, 1. We're sorry, 2. We can't accept liability for any loss damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on the information, 3. Don't moan about it, tell us - at least we can get it right for the next visitor.
We do take reasonable steps (and a little bit more) to ensure that information we use on the website, provided to us from other organisations, companies and people, is accurate and not defamatory or offensive. But we don't control the content or take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers or linked pages.
Terms & Conditions■
By accessing information from this website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as set out below.
This website contains information and images that are copyright. Some of the copyright information or images is owned by JW3, some by other used under licence or by permission by JW3. Please respect and observe the terms of copyright. If you want to use any of the information or images, ask us. We will want to say yes if we can.
You assume full responsibility for the protection of your computer system including the hardware, software and any data stored on your computer system - and the same for any from third parties who may be connected to your computer system. This means you are responsible for making sure that you have the necessary protection to ensure that anything you download, or otherwise receive, from this website is free from viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature.
At JW3 we take reasonable steps to ensure that data transmitted electronically, via the site or otherwise, and stored by JW3 is not accessed by unauthorised third parties as required by the Data Protection Act 1998.
However, as we all know, no one can guarantee that data transmitted electronically cannot be intercepted. By using this site you accept that there is risk that data transmitted electronically to JW3 via this website or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching JW3 or accessed from JW3’s data storage by third parties not authorised by JW3 and may be exploited unlawfully by such unauthorised third parties. We do our best to prevent that from happening. We just can't guarantee it won't happen.
As for any other organisation's, business' or person's website that we might link to or provide access to in other ways, we make no representations as to the quality of the security of those websites. Connected websites accessed through our website are independent websites over which JW3 does not exercise any control whether financial editorial or of any other kind and are not in any way endorsed by the JW3.
Customers are required to complete and return any and all necessary documents prior to the commencement of events which require them. JW3 reserves the right to refuse entry to those who do not provide the necessary information in the time frame stated.
All information we collect is held in the strictest confidence. We may use your information to contact you about any changes to, or important information about, an event booking. When necessary, we may disclose some information you have provided within our group of companies, with some event partners, government bodies and law enforcement agencies, future owners of our organisation and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. JW3 does not sell its customer lists to third party marketing organisations.
Information contained in this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical mistakes. Information may be changed or updated without notice and any queries relating to the information including queries as to its currency and accuracy should be addressed to the person or persons stipulated in the Specific Conditions on the appropriate pages relevant to the goods or services sought.
Warranty and Liability
All information made available from within this website is provided "as is" for information purposes only and without warranty of any kind either express or implied including but not limited to any warranties as to non-infringement of rights merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
'User' a JW3 Member, customer or visitor to the JW3 website.
'Website' the network location on the World Wide Web written in hypertext mark-up language (or other World Wide Web compatible language) format developed in accordance with these terms and conditions containing digital text, graphics, sound, and video which is the Customer’s proprietary site stored on a server and accessed via the Internet, being identified as ‘www.jw3.org.uk’.
JW3 Friend Conditions■
The JW3 Friend scheme is usually offered for a renewable period of 12 months or for a rolling one month period.
We reserve the right to revoke Friendship at any time if a Friend acts in an unreasonable manner towards other visitors to or user of JW3, including to to JW3 volunteers, staff, teachers, presenters, performers or partners.
JW3 Friends enjoy a range of benefits that are listed and updated on the Friendship page of our website. JW3 reserves the right to change, remove or substitute any of the benefits at any time. Please check the Friendship page of our website for the latest benefits.
As a JW3 Friend you agree not to pass on the benefits of your Friendship to anyone not part of the scheme so that they might benefit from any discounts within it. If JW3 believes you are ‘sharing’ your Friendship to secure benefits for others who are no JW3 Friends, we reserve the right to cancel your Friendship with immediate effect, without refunding any joining fee.
All ticket-holders using a Friend's discounted ticket, must be a valid JW3 Friend at the time of the event. JW3 Friends may not purchase discounted tickets on behalf of non-Friends. Anyone attempting to enter an event with a discounted ticket who is not a JW3 Friend will be asked to pay the full price or may be refused entry to the event with no refund given.
Any offers for free Friends events or early bird bookings or discounted tickets are subject to availability. JW3 cannot guarantee a ticket to any individual Friend.
Friendship discounts can not be combined with any other offers, discounts or concessions for JW3 events or services.
Benefits for JW3 Friends are only valid for the length that their Friendship exists for. Should a JW3 Friend purchase a ticket for any events that take place after their Friendship lapses, those events must either be re-purchased at full cost, or the Friendship reinstated to cover the period of the events. This includes any individual classes of a course, or individual events in a series taking place on a date after a Friendship has lapsed, including where the first class/event in the course/series started before the Friendship lapsed.
Welcome Back offer
This offer entitles you to bring a friend for free to certain in-building events.
It does not apply to Alan Howard Speaker Series events, Krav Maga, Languages or our Early Years Programme.
All offer codes are applied to the value of the order, excluding delivery costs and are subject to our general Terms and Conditions.
The offer code must be entered in to the Voucher Code field on the basket page and applied for the discount to be deducted from the order.
Unless stated, discounts cannot be combined and only one offer can be applied to any order.
Offers can be amended or withdrawn at any time.
In the event of misuse, fraud, manipulation, circumvention or a breach of the Terms and Conditions of Promotions, JW3 is entitled to exclude participants or groups of participants. JW3 is entitled to do this on the basis of a suspicion and is not bound to inform the participant or to provide proof.
By participating in the promotion, the participant states to agree to the Terms and Conditions of Promotions.
JW3 is an accessible building for people with physical impairments. Wheelchair accessible. Parking for disabled visitors is available, please call in advance to reserve a space.
We have a limited number of spaces for wheelchair users within our cinema and Howard Hall, including a raised viewing area for unseated performances (e.g. some music gigs). To ensure we can accommodate you safely and comfortably, wheelchair spaces should be booked in advance in person at our Box Office or by calling the Box Office on 020 7433 8988.
For seated events in Howard Hall, we have a number of wheelchair spaces that are reserved until an event sells out, at which point they may be put on general sale.
For your convenience, the JW3 Cinema and Howard Hall have an advanced technology hearing loop, just set your hearing aid to Channel T for the full benefits.
Wingate Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
Wingate Prize Draw Terms and Conditions:
1. Booking of a free ticket to the event is necessary to enter the prize draw
2. This prize draw is open to all attendees aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of JW3, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries by way of booking a ticket must be received by 6pm on Wednesday 16th February 2022. JW3 accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach JW3 by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of JW3 and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. Entry is automatic on booking a ticket before 6pm on Wednesday 16th February 2022.
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 16th February 2022 during the live event. The entry drawn will be the winner.
7. The prize for the winner is a copy of each shortlisted book for The Wingate Literary Prize 2022.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, JW3 reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winners will be notified during the live event on Wednesday 16th February 2022 and will then be contacted via email. The winners must claim their prize within 30 working days of JW3 sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and JW3 reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading within 4 weeks after the closing date.
11. JW3 will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by JW3 for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
12. JW3 may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in JW3’s sole opinion) or who, in JW3’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of JW3.
14. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter is JW3, 341-351 Finchley Road, NW3 6ET
16. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.