JW3 is the first Jewish Community Centre and arts venue of its kind to exist in London. The brainchild of Dame Vivien Duffield and created by a core capital grant from the Clore Duffield Foundation, the centre opened on the Finchley Road, NW3 in October 2013.
By the end of our first year over 225,000 people had passed through our doors, and we announced the exciting news of an organisational merger with the London Jewish Cultural Centre (The LJCC) for 2015. LJCC has built a deserved reputation for being Jewish London’s leading centre for adult education, with over 1,500 students engaging in courses and classes every week. We look forward to bringing the very best of LJCC’s educational courses, cultural events and FUSION Youth programme over to the state of the art JW3 centre over the coming year.
The aim of JW3 is to transform the Jewish landscape in London by helping to create a vibrant, diverse and proud community, inspired by and engaged in Jewish arts, culture and community.
The size of our ambition is reflected both in the scale and elegance of our new building and in the creativity and energy of our programme.
The role of JW3 is to offer outstanding events, activities, classes and courses that:
- Increase the quality, variety and volume of Jewish conversation in London and beyond;
- Reflect the diversity of our community;
- Bring all Jews together, wherever (or whether) they place themselves on the religious spectrum and are open and accessible to the widest range of people.
Our core principles
Inclusiveness, encouraging greater understanding between sections of the community or different faiths, and community revitalisation are core principles for JW3.
- We seek to be a home for all who are interested in Jewish life - a warm, welcoming venue, a truly inviting space, in which to gather, feel comfortable, meet people, and feel at home.
- We want JW3 to promote the best of Jewish values and to create better understanding between different strands of the Jewish community, and between Jews and different faiths, communities and cultures.
- We want JW3 to have an impact not just beyond its walls but beyond the here and now by becoming a revitalising community hub. And by doing so, bring added confidence to British Jewry, filling it with a fresh sense of unity, focus and purpose.
To find our more about JW3's vision why not watch this JDOV Talk by our CEO Raymond Simonson.